- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, 1 tsp nutmeg, 3/4 tsp cinnamon and 1/4 cup walnuts. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs; stir in buttermilk, 3 tbsp Sucanat, orange zest and juice, oil and vanilla. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; mix until just combined.
- Prepare topping: In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 tsp Sucanat, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/8 tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp walnuts.
- Line a 12-count muffin tin with paper liners. Fill each liner three-quarters of the way full with batter. Sprinkle topping over batter. Bake for 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Let muffins cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size 1 muffin
- Calories 148
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 34 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 172 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g