How To Use It:
- As a base for eggs Benedict. Combine 1 5-oz can coconut cream with 1 tbsp each apple cider vinegar, minced garlic and minced chives. Season with salt and pepper. Whisk in a spoonful of mayonnaise to thicken, or add a splash of water to thin. Season with more vinegar or a drop of honey to balance the flavor, if needed.
- Avocado-topped fritters. Spread fritters with mashed avocado mixed with lemon juice and salt.
1. Line a fine-mesh sieve with a clean kitchen towel and place zucchini inside. Sprinkle with one-half of the salt; stir. Let stand for 10 minutes.
2. In a bowl, combine butternut squash, onions, almond flour, flax, sage, garlic powder, paprika, pepper and remaining one-half of the salt; fold together. Gather towel around zucchini and squeeze hard to remove excess water. Add zucchini to butternut squash mixture; toss. Add egg and mix until just combined.
3. In a large skillet on medium, heat a thin layer of oil. Portion fritters by ¼ cup (16 total) and place a few in skillet (do not overcrowd pan), pressing down to flatten to about ½-inch thickness. Cook until golden on both sides and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes per side, adding additional oil as needed. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days and reheat before serving.
- Serving Size 4 fritters
- Calories 236
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 47 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 513 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g