Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Heat squash, garlic and 1 cup water in a wide saucepot over medium-high heat. Cover and cook for 18 to 20 minutes, until squash is very soft. Drain in a colander. Return squash mixture to pot and mash with a potato masher or fork until smooth.
- Place pot with squash over medium heat and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly, so excess water can evaporate; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Assemble ravioli: Place 1 tbsp mashed squash mixture in center of each wrapper. With wet fingers, moisten outer edge of each wrapper, then fold in half diagonally (corner to corner) and seal to form triangle. Cook stuffed wrappers for 3 to 4 minutes in boiling water. To serve, place 7 to 8 stuffed wrappers in a dish and top with one of three sauces.
TOMATO SAGE SAUCE:
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in garlic and cook for 1 minute. Then toss in tomatoes, sage, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes; serve immediately.
Nutrients per 1/3-cup serving: Calories: 37, Total Fat: 2.5 g, Sat. Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 3 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 1.5 g, Protein: 1 g, Sodium: 130 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
- In small bowl, blend all sauce ingredients with 1/2 cup water. Serve immediately.
Nutrients per 1/4-cup serving: Calories: 51, Total Fat: 4.5 g, Sat. Fat: 0.5 g, Carbs: 1.5 g, Fiber: 0 g, Sugars: 0 g, Protein: 1 g, Sodium: 401 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes, until soft. Add mushrooms, thyme, salt and pepper and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Serve immediately.
Nutrients per 1/2-cup serving: Calories: 81, Total Fat: 2.5 g, Sat. Fat: 0 g, Carbs: 11 g, Fiber: 1 g, Sugars: 3 g, Protein: 4 g, Sodium: 136 mg, Cholesterol: 0 mg
- Serving Size 7 to 8 ravioli
- Calories 242
- Carbohydrate Content 53 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 4.5 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 327 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g