If you love maple flavor, try our low-calorie Maple Cornbread recipe!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 cups whole-grain spelt flour
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Cinnamon)
- 1½ tsp each baking powder and baking soda
- ¼ tsp each ground nutmeg, allspice and sea salt
- 1¼ cups buttercup squash purée (NOTE:Peel and roast buttercup squash, then purée in a food processor; or use canned unsweetened butternut squash purée.)
- 1/2 cup grape seed oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp ginger purée (peel and grate on a fine grater)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted unsalted pecans, chopped
- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 6 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1½ tbsp buttercup or butternut squash purée
- 1½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch Bundt pan.
- Prepare glaze: In a medium saucepan on medium, melt coconut oil. Whisk in remaining glaze ingredients and bring to a simmer for about 8 minutes, whisking occasionally, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Set aside to cool for about 1 hour, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, flax, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, allspice and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1¼ cups squash, grape seed oil, ½ cup maple syrup, coffee, vinegar, ginger, 2 tsp vanilla and 1/3 cup water. Add wet to dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Set aside to cool in pan.
- Invert cake onto a plate and lift off pan. Drizzle with half of glaze, sprinkle with pecans then drizzle with remaining glaze.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of cake
- Calories: 362
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Fat Content: 22 g
- Fiber Content: 4.5 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 253 mg
- Sugar Content: 18 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 8 g