Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
If you love maple flavor, try our low-calorie Maple Cornbread recipe!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch Bundt pan.
- Prepare glaze: In a medium saucepan on medium, melt coconut oil. Whisk in remaining glaze ingredients and bring to a simmer for about 8 minutes, whisking occasionally, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Set aside to cool for about 1 hour, 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine flour, flax, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, allspice and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1¼ cups squash, grape seed oil, ½ cup maple syrup, coffee, vinegar, ginger, 2 tsp vanilla and 1/3 cup water. Add wet to dry ingredients and mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Set aside to cool in pan.
- Invert cake onto a plate and lift off pan. Drizzle with half of glaze, sprinkle with pecans then drizzle with remaining glaze.
- Serving Size 1/12 of cake
- Calories 362
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 4.5 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 253 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 8 g