Buttery Sole with Spring Vegetables
Butter makes everything better – so go ahead, embrace it on a ketotarian diet. It adds richness to this uber easy sautéed sole with crunchy carrots, bell pepper and snap peas.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
¼ cup organic unsalted butter, divided
3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1½ lb wild sole, patted dry
½ tsp sea salt + additional to taste
¼ tsp ground black pepper + additional to taste
1 sweet onion, chopped
8 oz carrots, cut into ½-inch pieces on a diagonal (1¾ cups)
3 oz snap peas, trimmed, halved on a diagonal (1 cup)
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley + additional for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 200ºF; line a large baking sheet with parchment. In a large skillet on medium-high, melt 2 tbsp butter with 2 tbsp oil. Season fish with ⅛ tsp each salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook until golden, basting with butter mixture occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to baking sheet; cover and keep warm in oven.
2. To skillet, melt 1 tbsp butter with remaining 1 tbsp oil. Add onion, season with ⅛ tsp salt and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 3 minutes. Add carrots; sauté 1 minute. Add peas, bell pepper and garlic, season with ¼ tsp salt and ⅛ tsp pepper and continue to sauté until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes more. Stir in lemon juice and parsley; sauté 1 minute. Stir in remaining 1 tbsp butter and cook, stirring, until butter melts and sauce thickens slightly. Season with additional salt and pepper. Sprinkle with additional parsley before serving.
- Serving Size 1 fish fillet and 1 cup vegetables
- Calories 386
- Carbohydrate Content 16 g
- Cholesterol Content 107 mg
- Fat Content 26 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 426 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 12 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g