Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a small food processor, pulse together garlic, panko, cacao nibs and rosemary until finely ground. Pour onto a plate.
- To a small saucepan, add pear, wine and vinegar. Bring to a simmer on medium high and continue simmering for about 10 minutes, until mixture is reduced to about 2/3 cup. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together arrowroot and 2 tbsp water until smooth. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in arrowroot mixture. Continue cooking another 2 to 3 minutes, until smooth and thickened. Turn off heat and cover to keep warm.
- Separate chops by slicing with a sharp knife. Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper and dredge through cacao mixture, turning to coat all sides.
- In a large ovenproof skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add chops and sear for 1 minute per side, until browned. Turn off heat and transfer skillet to oven. Roast for 4 to 5 minutes for medium-rare doneness or 5 to 6 minutes for medium doneness. Divide chops among serving plates and top evenly with sauce. Serve with a side of sautéed vegetables such as rapini.
- Serving Size 2 lamb chops and 2 heaping tbsp sauce
- Calories 328
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 57 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8.5 g
- Sodium Content 188 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g