- In a medium bowl, combine beef, salt and pepper with half of each: Parmesan, anchovies and garlic. Gently mix to incorporate. Shape into 4 ½-inch-thick patties.
- In a large, heavy-bottomed skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add burgers and cook, flipping once, 3 to 5 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. (NOTE: You can also grill the burgers.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, lemon juice and zest with remaining garlic and anchovy.
- To a large bowl, add lettuce; toss with enough dressing to coat. Divide evenly among plates and sprinkle with remaining half of Parmesan. Place a bun on each plate; top each with a burger patty and any leftover dressing, if desired.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 532
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 94 mg
- Fat Content 31 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 845 mg
- Sugar Content 4.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 16 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g