Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Ensure that 2 racks are in middle positions in oven. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Prepare Cooling Vegetable Salad: In a medium bowl, combine cucumbers, tomatoes, carrot, parsley and onion. Then add pepper, garlic powder, oil and vinegar and stir until vegetables are evenly coated. Place in refrigerator to let flavors meld until ready to serve meal.
3. Prepare Cajun Catfish: Place catfish on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Brush fillets with oil and sprinkle with spices. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until flaky and no longer translucent.
4. Prepare Goat Cheese Spread: In a small bowl, stir together cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, parsley, carrot, cucumber and pepper until combined. Set aside.
5. To assemble each sandwich, smear Goat Cheese Spread on 1 side of a baguette slice and set aside. Place a catfish fillet on another slice of baguette. Top fillet with 2 onion slices, 2 tomato slices and 1 lettuce leaf; then top with reserved baguette slice, spread-side-down. Repeat with remaining catfish fillet and accompaniments. Serve with Cooling Vegetable Salad. Keep stored in refrigerator for 2 to 4 days to ensure freshness.
- Serving Size (2 oz baguette, 3 oz catfish, 1 cup salad, 2 slices onion, 2 slices tomato, 1 lettuce leaf, ¼ cup goat cheese spread
- Calories 345
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 64 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 7.5 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 592 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g