Shrimp are a source of both iodine and zinc, nutrients that help support a healthy thyroid for optimal hormone balance. To make the shrimp cakes, you can finely chop the shrimp, onions and celery – alternatively, pulse in the food processor.
1. Prepare lemon mayo: In a small bowl, combine all mayo ingredients. Cover and refrigerate. (Tip: Can be made up to 2 days ahead.)
2. Prepare shrimp cakes: In a large bowl, combine shrimp, onion, celery, egg, flaxseeds, arrowroot, coconut flour, Cajun seasoning, salt and mustard powder. Using a ¼-cup measure, portion shrimp mixture into 8 to 10 balls; form into patties.
3. In a large skillet on medium, add just enough oil to cover bottom, about 1/16 inch. Working in batches, cook shrimp cakes for 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden and cooked through. Serve with lemon mayo.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 302
- Carbohydrate Content 9 g
- Cholesterol Content 231 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 587 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g