COST PER PLATE: $2.87
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3/4 cup quinoa (TRY: NOW Foods Living Now Organic Quinoa)
- 1/4 cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil or water)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 6-oz BPA-free can or pouch wild salmon, drained and flaked
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, white and light green parts only
- 3 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 5-oz pkg fresh baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cook quinoa according to package directions; set aside to cool to room temperature.
- To a small heat-proof bowl, add tomatoes. Pour boiling water over top; set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine quinoa, eggs, salmon, scallions, arrowroot, lemon zest, dill, pepper and 1/4 tsp salt. Mix until well combined. On a large, parchment-lined baking sheet, use a 1/3-cup measure to scoop mixture into 8 mounds. With wet fingertips, shape and flatten each mound into a 1/2-inch thick patty. Bake for 15 minutes, then gently turn patties over and bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes, until browned on both sides.
- Meanwhile, drain tomatoes and transfer to a small food processor. Add garlic, yogurt, vinegar and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Process until blended. (NOTE: Some small bits of tomato may remain.)
- In a large bowl, toss spinach with yogurt mixture until lightly coated; divide among serving plates. Top each serving with 2 patties.
- Serving Size: 2 patties and 1 cup spinach
- Calories: 312
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Cholesterol Content: 112 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 28 mg
- Sugar Content: 5.5 g