Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
COST PER PLATE: $2.87
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Cook quinoa according to package directions; set aside to cool to room temperature.
- To a small heat-proof bowl, add tomatoes. Pour boiling water over top; set aside for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine quinoa, eggs, salmon, scallions, arrowroot, lemon zest, dill, pepper and 1/4 tsp salt. Mix until well combined. On a large, parchment-lined baking sheet, use a 1/3-cup measure to scoop mixture into 8 mounds. With wet fingertips, shape and flatten each mound into a 1/2-inch thick patty. Bake for 15 minutes, then gently turn patties over and bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes, until browned on both sides.
- Meanwhile, drain tomatoes and transfer to a small food processor. Add garlic, yogurt, vinegar and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Process until blended. (NOTE: Some small bits of tomato may remain.)
- In a large bowl, toss spinach with yogurt mixture until lightly coated; divide among serving plates. Top each serving with 2 patties.
- Serving Size 2 patties and 1 cup spinach
- Calories 312
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 112 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 28 mg
- Sugar Content 5.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g