- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 baby white or red potatoes (about 1 lb), scrubbed and halved
- 4 tsp olive oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- 1 lb asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp organic unsalted butter, softened (TRY: Horizon Organic Unsalted Butter)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp capers, drained, rinsed and minced
- 1 tsp lemon zest + additional for garnish
- 4 5-oz skinless halibut fillets (or cod or haddock)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Cut three 15-inch lengths of parchment paper and arrange in a single layer on an 18 x 12-inch rimmed baking sheet. Fold and crumple all 4 edges of each sheet to make 2-inch-tall rimmed sides resembling shallow bowls (alternatively, you can use foil to create 3 shallow "bowls").
2. In a large bowl, toss together potatoes, 2 tsp oil and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper. Arrange potatoes, cut sides down, in a single layer on 1 outer bowl of parchment. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in same large bowl, toss together asparagus, vinegar, remaining 2 tsp oil and 1/8 tsp each salt and pepper.
4. In a small bowl, stir together butter, parsley, capers and lemon zest. Sprinkle fish with remaining 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Spread butter mixture over fish.
5. Remove sheet from oven; add fish to center bowl of parchment. Add asparagus to remaining outer bowl of parchment. Return to oven; bake until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, asparagus is tender and potatoes are golden, 10 to 12 minutes more. Divide among plates. Drizzle fish with any butter mixture left in parchment and garnish with additional lemon zest.
HALIBUT PERKS: A highly nutritious choice for your clean-eating lifestyle, halibut is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids – which benefit both the brain and heart – as well as muscle-building protein, energy-enhancing vitamin B12 and thyroid-supportive selenium.
- Serving Size: 1 fillet and 1/4 of vegetables
- Calories: 331
- Carbohydrate Content: 23.5 g
- Cholesterol Content: 85 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 404 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g