Find more dessert recipes here!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small saucepan, combine Sucanat and 2 tbsp water. Place on medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Continue boiling gently until slightly thickened, 30 to 45 seconds. Divide mixture evenly among 6 4-oz ramekins.
- In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, pulse cream cheese, eggs, yogurt and cane juice until well combined. Spoon into ramekins over top of Sucanat mixture, dividing evenly. Set ramekins inside a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and fill pan halfway with warm water. Transfer pan to oven and bake for 22 to 30 minutes or until the tip of a knife inserted into center of cheesecakes comes out clean. Turn oven off and let cheesecakes cool to room temperature inside oven (this will help prevent cracking).
- To serve, run a knife around the inside edge of each ramekin to loosen cheesecake. Transfer ramekins to a pan of very hot water for 5 minutes to loosen caramel, then remove from water and carefully invert onto serving plates. (
- NOTE: Don’t skip this step! To serve, the caramel must be re-warmed in order to loosen and allow cheesecake to be released from ramekin.)
- Serving Size 1 cheesecake
- Calories 167
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 84 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 173 mg
- Sugar Content 22 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g