Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Serve these pancakes warm with a little butter or coconut butter melted over top. If you’re not keto, a drizzle of pure maple syrup works nicely, too. These pancakes freeze well, so you can make a batch on the weekend and eat them throughout the week. Simply thaw and reheat in the toaster oven.
1. Preheat oven to 200ºF. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, arrowroot, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. In a medium bowl, whisk coconut milk, eggs, coconut oil and vanilla; pour into bowl with flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in carrots, pecans and raisins (if using). (NOTE: Batter will be thick.)
2. Warm a griddle or large nonstick skillet on medium-low. Brush with coconut oil. Scoop batter onto griddle, using about 3 tbsp batter for each, and spread into 3½-inch circles. Cook until golden on underside and beginning to firm up, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully flip and cook on other side until cooked through and golden, 1 to 2 minutes longer. Keep pancakes warm in oven while you repeat to make 12 pancakes total. Serve with coconut butter.
- Serving Size 2 pancakes
- Calories 341
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 93 mg
- Fat Content 30 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 16 g
- Sodium Content 256 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 9 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g