Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Discover our favorite warming soups and stews.
- In a large stockpot over medium-high, heat oil. Add onions, celery and carrots. Sauté until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, ginger, cumin and coriander and sauté until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add stock and lentils. Bring to a simmer; cook for 10 minutes, until carrots are al dente and lentils are cooked.
- Stir in coconut milk, lime zest and juice and salt and return to a simmer. Once simmering, remove from heat. Serve hot, or let cool to store. If saving, fill 3 to 4 Mason jars with leftover soup, seal and place in the fridge for an easy, to-go lunch that can be quickly and safely microwaved. Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve with spelt bread.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 306
- Carbohydrate Content 33.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13.5 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 13 g
- Sodium Content 354 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g