Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Soak kelp noodles in warm water for 5 minutes to partially soften. Drain and cut into manageable pieces (kelp noodles are very long).
2. Prepare sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together tamari, peanut butter, 1 tbsp oil, sugar, ginger and ¼ cup water. Set dressing aside.
3. In a large heavy-bottomed pot on high, heat remaining 2 tbsp oil. Add broccoli and bell pepper and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add peas and cook for 1 minute more. Add onions, cashews and garlic and cook for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Mix in noodles and cook for 1 minute. Stir in sauce, and cook for 1 minute more.
4. Remove from heat and transfer to a large bowl. Sprinkle with lime juice and toss well. Enjoy warm, cooled as a cold salad or wrapped in romaine lettuce as a fresh wrap with a squeeze of additional lime juice and hot sauce. If storing, cool slightly, then transfer to a sealable container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 270
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 409 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 7 g