Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
A rich and spicy almond butter sauce drapes over chunks of chicken and veggies in this easy stir-fry.
If you don’t have a spiralizer for zucchini noodles, use a vegetable peeler to make long ribbons, then stack and slice into shorter strips.
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp peeled and grated ginger
- 1 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 4 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1½ lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- ⅓ cup raw unsalted cashews
- 2 zucchini, spiralized into noodles
- 4 oz oyster or shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Prepare sauce: To a jar with a tight-fitting lid, add all sauce ingredients. Seal and shake until blended. (TIP: If your almond butter is too thick, use a spoon or whisk to blend the dressing.)
- Prepare stir-fry: In a large nonstick skillet on high, heat one-half of olive oil. Add chicken and cook, undisturbed, 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. Flip chicken and cook another 5 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- To same skillet, heat remaining one-half of olive oil. Add carrots and cashews; sauté for 2 minutes. Add zucchini noodles, mushrooms and onions; sauté for 5 more minutes, or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Return chicken to skillet and add sauce. Toss to coat and heat through.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container and reheat when called for.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 455
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 160 mg
- Fat Content 25 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 40 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 370 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 6 g