Find more breakfast recipes here.
- 3 1/2 cupsServings
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup mashed ripe banana (1 medium)
- 4 tsp raw cocoa powder
- 2 tsp coconut nectar, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 large bowl (at least 1 qt)
- Fine mesh sieve or nut milk bag
- 1-qt glass jar
- To a large bowl, add cashews and cover with cold water. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours. Drain and rinse well; clean out bowl.
- In a blender with 2 2/3 cups water, combine cashews, coconut flakes, banana, cocoa powder, coconut nectar and salt. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes, until thoroughly combined.
- Into bowl, filter milk through a fine mesh sieve. Transfer milk to a 1-qt glass jar; cover and chill thoroughly for a minimum of 2 hours. Adjust sweetness, if desired. Shake before serving. Milk will keep refrigerated for 3 to 4 days.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 165
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 75 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g