Cost per plate: $4.70
- Prep Time
1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
6 cloves garlic, finely grated or crushed
3 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari (Try: San J Reduced-Sodium Tamari)
2 tbsp rice vinegar
3 tsp raw honey
¼ tsp ground cayenne powder
12 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
12 oz broccoli (with stems)
½ daikon radish, peeled and cut into 1-inch-long x ¼-inch-wide matchsticks (Tip: Substitute with 3 standard Cherry Belle red radishes if you can’t find daikon.)
4 green onions (light and dark green parts separated), cut into 1-inch lengths, divided
3 carrots, cut into 1-inch-long x ¼-inch-wide matchsticks
½ cup raw unsalted cashews
½ tsp sea salt, divided
1 firm mango, peeled, pitted and cut into ½-inch chunks
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 tbsp tapioca starch
1. In a small bowl, stir together ginger, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, honey and cayenne. Transfer 3 tbsp to a large bowl; add chicken to large bowl and toss to coat. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. Reserve remaining ginger mixture.
2. Meanwhile, cut broccoli into 2-inch florets, reserving stems. Halve florets lengthwise. Peel stems; cut into 1-inch-long x ¼-inch-wide matchsticks to yield about ¾ cup.
3. Mist a large nonstick skillet or wok with cooking spray; heat on medium. Add broccoli florets and stir-fry until tender and bright green, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a large plate.
4. Mist same skillet with cooking spray; heat on medium-high. Add broccoli stems, radish, light parts of green onions, carrots, cashews and ¼ tsp salt and stir-fry just until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to plate with broccoli florets.
5. Mist same skillet with cooking spray; heat on medium. Add chicken and remaining ¼ tsp salt and stir-fry until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add mango, dark green parts of green onions and reserved ginger mixture and stir-fry for 1 minute. Whisk together broth and tapioca; add mixture to pan. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink inside and sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, 4 to 5 minutes. Add broccoli mixture; toss to coat.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 356
- Carbohydrate Content: 41 g
- Cholesterol Content: 80 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 859 mg
- Sugar Content: 24 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g