Find more vegetarian recipes here!
- Prepare spiced chickpeas: In a bowl, add all chickpea ingredients and toss to combine. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate, tightly sealed, for up to 3 days. Allow chickpeas to return to room temperature before serving.
- In a skillet on medium, heat oil. Add onion and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Add turmeric, cardamom, saffron and pepper flakes and stir for 1 minute. Transfer to slow cooker; add garlic, cauliflower, Dijon, broth and 2 cups water. Stir well, cover with lid and cook on low heat for 3 hours.
- Purée soup using an immersion blender (or using an upright blender). Transfer to a large bowl or pot; add lemon juice and season with salt and black pepper. Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with about 3 tbsp spiced chickpeas per bowl. Soup can be tightly sealed and frozen for up to 1 month.
- Serving Size 1 cup soup and 3 tbsp chickpeas
- Calories 160
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 210 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g