Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. To a heat-proof bowl, add cashews and enough boiling water to cover. Let stand for 30 to 45 minutes. Drain, reserving 2 tbsp soaking water.
2. Meanwhile, heat a Dutch oven or large heavy-bottomed saucepan on medium-low. Add coriander, cumin, garam masala, turmeric, paprika and cayenne pepper and cook, stirring often,
until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a food processor.
3. To food processor with spices, add cashews and reserved soaking water and process until finely ground. Add chile peppers, 3 tbsp strained tomatoes, cilantro, ginger, garlic and salt. Pulse, stopping to scrape down side of bowl, until a smooth paste forms, 2 to 3 minutes. Set aside.
4. Wipe out Dutch oven. In Dutch oven on medium-low, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until soft and light golden, 6 to 7 minutes. Stir in cashew mixture, cauliflower, carrot and chickpeas.
5. Add broth and remaining strained tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower and carrot are tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from heat; gradually stir in yogurt, a spoonful at a time, until smooth. Garnish with additional cilantro.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 367
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 6 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 12 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 272 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g