Cauliflower & Clams in Parsley Broth
Thin whole-wheat pasta transforms a dish of tender cauliflower, garlicky clams and parsley-infused broth into a hearty meal. By skipping the spaghetti, you can take this recipe from main course to a starter or tasting plate for a party.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
READER RECIPE TESTER
“The Cauliflower and Clams in Parsley Broth was so easy to put together. Dinner was on the table within 20 minutes of my getting home from the grocery store: It doesn’t get much faster than that! I added a small jar of pimentos and a dusting of grated Romano cheese over top to add some texture and flavor. It was delicious!”
- 8 oz whole-wheat thin spaghetti (or spaghettini or vermicelli)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 36 small littleneck clams (about 3 1/4 lb), scrubbed well
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add shallots and garlic and cook for 2 minutes, until soft. Add cauliflower and broth and bring to a simmer. Add clams, cover and cook for 5 minutes, until all clams open (discarding any clams that do not open). Add spaghetti and parsley to skillet, mix well and cook for 1 minute to heat through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serving Size 9 clams and 2/3 cup spaghetti mixture
- Calories 350
- Carbohydrate Content 54 g
- Cholesterol Content 35 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 160 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g