Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. In a parchment-lined baking dish, arrange cod with foil over top. Bake 18 minutes, until firm and flaky. Transfer to a cutting board, cool slightly then flake with a fork.
- Meanwhile, to a medium pot, add cauliflower, enough water to cover and one-half of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain and mash with a fork.
- In a skillet on medium, heat one-half of oil. Add shallots and sauté for 3 minutes, until tender and translucent. Add ginger, turmeric, curry and chile and sauté for 2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Transfer spice mixture to a large mixing bowl. Add fish and cauliflower to bowl; mix well with a fork. Add almond flour, egg, cilantro and remaining one-half of salt and mix well, breaking up any clumps. Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, form into patties and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush tops with remaining one-half of oil. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until firm and browning on top.
- To a food processor, add all sauce ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve with fish cakes.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, freeze two servings each fish cakes and chutney separately; thaw and reheat fish cakes when called for.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 348
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 90 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 399 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g