Jennifer, Jessica and Jill Emich, triplets known as The Blissful Sisters, have been in the restaurant business for more than 15 years. Most recently, they opened Shine Restaurant and Gathering Place in Boulder, Colorado, where Jill is the director of events, Jennifer is manager and Jessica is the executive chef.
- 1 head cauliflower, outer leaves removed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil, divided
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green beans or frozen peas
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms (they recommend shiitakes)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free reduced- sodium tamari
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- Sea salt, to taste
- Using your hands, break apart cauliflower into large florets. Chop the core into smaller pieces. Working in 2 or 3 batches, in a food processor, process cauliflower for 30 seconds, stopping to mix in larger pieces. Continue for 2 to 3 minutes, until cauliflower resembles small grains of rice. (You want to yield about 2 cups.) Set aside.
- In a large sauté pan on medium-low, heat 1 tbsp coconut oil. Pour in whisked eggs, swirling them slightly to get a thin, even layer on the bottom of the pan. Continue to cook until just cooked through. Slide cooked eggs onto a cutting board and chop into a small dice. Set aside.
- Increase heat to medium-high and add remaining 1 tbsp coconut oil to the pan. Add carrots and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes. Add yellow onion, green beans and mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes. Add reserved cauliflower rice and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently until lightly browned and cooked through. Add tamari and mix well for 1 minute.
- Turn off heat and add sesame oil, reserved cooked eggs and green onion. Mix well and season with salt. (TIP: You can also add cooked ground beef or turkey to turn this into a satisfying main; add it at the same time as the green onions.)
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 274
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Cholesterol Content: 140 mg
- Fat Content: 21 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 870 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g