Cauliflower Hemp Fettuccine Alfredo
Serve this Cauliflower Hemp Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe as-is, or top with your favorite protein such as tofu, chicken or shrimp.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more dinner recipes here.
- 8 oz whole-wheat fettuccine
- 3 cups cauliflower florets, steamed
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts, divided (TRY: Nutiva Organic Shelled Hempseed)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp yellow miso paste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized or shaved into noodles
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Pinch ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine cauliflower, 3 tbsp hemp seeds, oil, miso, yeast, vinegar, salt and 1/3 cup water. Blend until smooth. Mixture should turn into a thick sauce – if too thick, add more water, 1 tbsp at a time, until a sauce consistency is reached.
- To a large sauté pan on medium, add cauliflower sauce and zucchini noodles. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, or until zucchini is tender and sauce has thickened. Fold in spinach and cook until wilted, about 1 minute. Fold in cooked pasta, toss until just incorporated, then remove from heat.
- Divide among plates and top with basil, remaining 1 tbsp hemp seeds and pepper.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 426
- Carbohydrate Content 61 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 567 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g