COST PER PLATE: $3.60
TOTAL COST: $14.39
Love pizza? Check out our favorite clean recipes!
- Arrange 1 rack in upper third and 1 rack in center of oven; preheat to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Mist a 12-inch nonstick pizza pan with cooking spray.
- Spread squash on half of baking sheet; spread mushrooms on remaining half. Mist squash and mushrooms with cooking spray and sprinkle with 1/8 tsp salt. Bake on upper-third rack for 10 minutes. Turn squash and mushrooms and mist with cooking spray. Bake until squash is tender and mushrooms are golden brown, about 10 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, place cauliflower in a food processor and pulse about 30 times, until mixture resembles rice grains. Transfer to a steamer basket and set over a saucepan with 3 inches of boiling water. Cover and steam until cauliflower is tender, about 10 minutes. Set a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and line with several layers of paper towel or a kitchen towel. Transfer cauliflower to strainer and allow to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally to allow steam to escape, about 20 minutes. When cool enough to handle, press all the water out of cauliflower using a rubber spatula. Discard water and fluff cauliflower with a fork. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- To bowl, add egg whites, 1/2 cup Parmesan, mozzarella, minced garlic, oregano and pepper and stir gently with a rubber spatula until ingredients come together (dough will be wet). Pour mixture onto prepared pizza pan and press to the edges of the pan; dough will be about ¼ inch thick. Bake on center rack until very light golden and somewhat crisp around the edges, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add remaining 2 whole cloves garlic to a mini food processor and pulse until finely chopped, 7 to 8 seconds. Add basil, pine nuts, oil and remaining 1/8 tsp salt, and purée until a chunky sauce forms, scraping down the sides of the bowl once, about 1 minute (you should yield about ½ cup).
- Slather baked crust with pesto, top with squash and mushrooms, sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 tbsp Parmesan, and bake until cheese melts, about 8 to 9 minutes more. Let cool for 5 minutes, slide onto a cutting board and slice.
- Serving Size 1/4 of pizza
- Calories 298
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 22 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 541 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g