1. Position oven racks in top and bottom thirds of oven; preheat to 450°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a small skillet on medium-low, heat oil. Add garlic and cook, turning once, until starting to brown, 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel–lined plate. Cool 2 minutes; mince, set aside.
3. Heat same skillet with oil on medium-low. Add whole sage leaves and cook, turning once, until beginning to crisp, 30 seconds. Using slotted spoon, transfer to paper towel–lined plate; set aside. Transfer 4 tsp garlic-sage oil to a heat-proof jar; cover and refrigerate to make our Herb-Crusted Cod. Set remaining garlic-sage oil aside.
4. Trim stem of each cauliflower so that it sits flat. Cut each head vertically through stem into two 3/4-inch-thick steaks to make 4 steaks total, reserving loose florets. Arrange steaks in a single layer on 1 prepared sheet; brush with 3 tsp of remaining garlic-sage oil and sprinkle with 2 tsp reserved minced garlic, 1 tsp chopped sage and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Cut reserved florets into bite-size pieces to yield 4 cups (reserve remaining for another use); transfer to a large bowl. Add 2 tsp of remaining garlic-sage oil, 1 tsp chopped sage, 1 tsp reserved minced garlic, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper; toss. Spread on second prepared sheet.
5. Bake cauliflower steaks in top third of oven and florets in bottom third for 15 minutes. Gently turn steaks and florets; switch tray positions and bake until tender and golden, about 5 minutes. Let florets cool; transfer to a container and refrigerate to make Herb-Crusted Cod the next night.
6. Meanwhile, separate chard stems from leaves; chop stems to yield 1 cup (reserve remaining for another use). Cut leaves into 2-inch pieces.
7. In a large skillet on medium, heat remaining 2 tsp garlic-sage oil. Add chard stems and cook, stirring often, until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Add remaining minced garlic and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chard leaves, beans, tomatoes, olives, broth and 2 tsp vinegar; cover and cook until leaves are wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Uncover; stir in remaining 2 tsp chopped sage, remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp pepper.
8. Divide chard mixture among plates. Top with cauliflower steaks and reserved sage leaves; drizzle with remaining 2 tsp vinegar.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 288
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 808 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g