BETTER BITES: Not only are these tots low in carbs (only 7 grams in a serving), each serving also contains 53 mg of immuneboosting vitamin C (82% of your daily value) and 4 mg of energy-supporting iron (29% of your daily value).
1. Prepare bites: Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place a metal rack on a large baking sheet. Top rack with parchment.
2. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add cauliflower and ¼ tsp salt and cook, stirring, until tender and just beginning to brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl; add cheese, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, pepper and remaining ½ tsp salt. Stir until cheese begins to melt and mixture is well combined. Stir in egg.
3. Using 1 rounded tbsp per ball, place even-sized cauliflower balls onto parchment-lined rack. Form into small cylinders; flatten slightly. If liquid collects in bowl, stir mixture to reincorporate.
4. Mist bites with cooking spray and bake for 15 minutes. Turn over and mist bites with additional cooking spray and bake about 15 minutes longer, or until deep golden.
5. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together Herbed Mayo ingredients. Serve alongside bites.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 215
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 56 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 579 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g