Find more meal plan recipes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 1-liter mason jar saladServings
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, dried sliced coconut or coconut flakes
- 3/4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp reduced- sodium tamari
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp grape seed oil
Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 clove garlic, puréed
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups cooked grain of your choice (such as brown rice, quinoa and millet)
- 3 cups grated vegetables (such as carrots, zucchini or summer squash, beets)
- 3 cups romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup unsalted sunflower sprouts
- 3 1-liter Mason jars with lids
- Preheat oven to 325°F. To a medium bowl, add all coconut bacon ingredients and toss well. Spread on a large parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake until coconut is crispy and lightly toasted. (NOTE: This can take anywhere from 8 to 18 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of your coconut, so check often to avoid burning.) Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together vinaigrette ingredients.
- To 1 Mason jar, add one-third of vinaigrette. Over dressing, layer in 1 cup grains, 1 cup grated veggies, 1 cup lettuce, ½ cup cherry tomatoes and one-third of bacon. Top with a few sunflower sprouts. Tighten lid and repeat with remaining 2 Mason jars. Store in fridge.
- When ready to eat, vigorously shake Mason jar to completely coat salad ingredients with vinaigrette.
- Serving Size: 1 mason jar salad
- Calories: 565
- Carbohydrate Content: 65 g
- Fat Content: 31 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14 g
- Sodium Content: 314 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g