Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake bread cubes on a baking sheet for 10 minutes or until toasted. Leave oven on and at the same temperature.
- Using a food processor fitted with a standard blade, grind bread cubes into about 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs, about 3 minutes.
- Using a mandoline, slice sweet potato into paper-thin slices. (TIP: If you don’t have a mandoline, thinly slice with a knife.)
- Lay sweet potato slices on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Bake at 350°F for about 8 minutes. Then reduce oven to 250°F and continue baking for 4 to 5 minutes or until slightly browned and crisp. Makes about 4 cups chips.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Sprinkle fillets with seasoning, salt and pepper. Place egg whites and bread crumbs into 2 separate bowls. Dip fillets into egg white, then roll in bread crumbs and place into shallow cooking pan. Bake for 6 minutes. Serve each fillet with 1 cup chips.
- Serving Size 1 fillet and 1 cup chips
- Calories 300
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 80 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 640 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g