Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a mixing bowl, combine strained yogurt, honey and vanilla. Stir until well blended, then spoon mixture into a shallow 9 x 9-inch non-reactive freezer-safe container.
- Transfer container to freezer and chill until mixture is starting to freeze slightly around the edges, about 45 minutes. Scrape ice crystals from edges with a spatula and mix thoroughly back into yogurt mixture. Continue to blend until creamy again, about 2 minutes. Return container to freezer and repeat this process 2 more times, for a total of 3 times. Each time the mixture will get thicker and a little harder to blend. After the third mixing, return container to freezer until ready to eat, about 2 to 3 hours. For best results, store tightly sealed in freezer and use within 2 to 3 days.
CHOCOLATE-SPIKED OATMEAL COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 350°F and lightly spray 2 baking sheets with cooking spray
- In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together honey, egg white, almond butter and vanilla.
- Add egg mixture to dry ingredients all at once and combine. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Divide batter equally into 16 mounds (about 1 rounded tbsp in size) and arrange evenly spaced on prepared baking sheets. Using the back of a slightly dampened spoon, flatten each mound into 2 1/2-inch circles. Bake 9 to 10 minutes, until golden. Cool on sheets for an additional 10 minutes before transferring to racks to cool completely. Stored in an airtight container, cookies will keep fresh for 2 to 3 days.
CE “ICE CREAM” SANDWICHES
- To assemble sandwiches, spoon 3 tbsp frozen yogurt between 2 cookies. If yogurt is too hard to scoop, allow it to warm slightly for a few minutes on counter until desired consistency. Repeat for remaining cookies. Eat immediately or transfer to freezer-safe container and store in freezer until ready to eat. For best results, eat within 2 to 3 hours of filling cookies.
- Serving Size 1 CE “Ice Cream” Sandwich
- Calories 260
- Carbohydrate Content 50 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 4.5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 40 mg
- Sugar Content 33 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g