With only 15 minutes prep, this low- maintenance recipe is cooked entirely on the grill.
Don't forget to soak your cedar plank overnight!
- Prep Time
4 small sweet potatoes
2 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp organic unsalted butter, softened
1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
½ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
¼ cup pure maple syrup
2 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ tsp ground cayenne pepper
4 6-oz skinless salmon fillets
1 untreated 6 x 12 x ⅜-inch cedar plank
1. Soak plank in water overnight, weighting it down to keep it submerged. (TIP: Canned beans work well as weights.)
2. Preheat a grill to medium-high. Tear four 12 x 12-inch sheets of foil, then four 10 x 10-inch sheets of parchment paper. Crumple up parchment pieces then run each under the tap to moisten, shaking off excess water. (NOTE: This helps steam potatoes and prevent burning.) Uncrumple parchment and set aside with foil.
3. Cut a small slice along the length of each potato so they sit flat. Using a sharp knife, cut ¼-inch slices along width, almost to the bottom (TIP: Place chopsticks on either side of the potato to prevent slicing through). Drizzle potatoes with oil. Wrap each in moist parchment then in foil.
4. Turn off one side of the grill for indirect cooking. Place potato packets on unheated side, close lid and cook until tender, 50 to 60 minutes. Carefully open foil and cook further until slightly crispy and golden, 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, prepare herb butter: In a small bowl combine butter, parsley and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper.
6. Prepare glaze: In a separate small bowl, combine maple syrup, mustard, ginger, garlic and cayenne.
7. When potatoes have about 15 minutes remaining, place salmon on plank; sprinkle with remaining ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Place plank on hot side of grill and reduce heat to medium. Drizzle maple mixture over salmon, reserving 2 tbsp. Close lid and cook 12 to 14 minutes for medium rare, 14 to 18 minutes for well done. Transfer to a serving platter; drizzle with remaining glaze. Place potatoes around salmon and drizzle each with butter mixture.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 406
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Cholesterol Content: 95 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 36 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5.5 g
- Sodium Content: 536 mg
- Sugar Content: 17 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g