MAKE AHEAD: Oatmeal can be refrigerated for up to 5 days. Reheat on medium, adding a splash of water to thin as desired.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 chai tea bags (NOTE: Use any black chai tea or a decaffeinated or herbal version. Avoid sweetened varieties.)
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 bananas, divided (NOTE: Cut 1 into cubes and slice 1 for serving.)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dried cherries
- In a medium saucepan, bring 3¼ cups water to a boil. Add tea bags, cover and turn off heat. Steep for 10 minutes; discard tea bags. Stir in oats, cubed banana and salt. Return to a rolling boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in milk and simmer for 15 minutes, until oats are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat a small skillet on medium-high. Add shredded coconut and swirl it around for about 20 seconds, until golden. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Divide oatmeal among bowls. Top each serving with banana slices, cherries and toasted coconut.
- Serving Size: 1 heaping c oatmeal plus toppings
- Calories: 261
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 133 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g