Find more easy dinners here.
- 1 lb cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets (about 3 cups)
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt, divided + additional to taste
- 4 unbleached chai rooibos tea bags, divided
- 1 15-oz BPA-free can unsalted chickpeas, drained and rinsed, divided
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice + additional to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and mist with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, carrots, onion, oil, ½ tsp salt and leaves from 2 tea bags. Spread mixture in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Roast for 20 minutes, stirring halfway, until vegetables are tender and lightly caramelized.
- Steep remaining 2 tea bags in 2 cups boiling water for 10 minutes. Squeeze tea bags to extract as much liquid as possible.
- To a blender, transfer about half of roasted vegetables with half of chickpeas, brewed tea, lemon juice and remaining ½ tsp salt; purée on high until smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan and stir in remaining half of roasted vegetables and half of chickpeas. Stir over medium heat until vegetables are hot. Adjust seasoning to taste with additional lemon juice and salt.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 191
- Carbohydrate Content: 29 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 556 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 0.5 g