1. In a large, deep skillet on medium, heat oil. Add onions and sauté until translucent and fragrant, about 6 minutes.
2. Add chiles, garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant, about 4 minutes.Add cumin seeds, coriander and turmeric and sauté until fragrant, about 2 more minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, chickpeas and broth and bring to a simmer. Simmer on low for 20 to 25 minutes.
4. Stir in lemon juice, garam masala, salt and pepper. Remove from heat. Garnish with cilantro and serve with brown rice or whole-wheat naan.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 291
- Carbohydrate Content 44.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 377 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g