If you love flank steak, try this beer-marinated flank steak recipe.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 fingerling potatoes, scrubbed and halved lengthwise (about 10 oz)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 8 oz flank steak, trimmed
- 4 hearts romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup toasted unsalted walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Mist potatoes with cooking spray and season with oregano, salt and pepper. Arrange potatoes cut sides down on 1 side of a parchment-lined baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes to second side of sheet, mist with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Return sheet to oven and roast for 25 minutes more, until potatoes are fork-tender and golden and tomatoes are lightly charred and shriveled. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, prepare vinaigrette: Whisk together orange zest and juice, shallot, vinegar, oil, honey, Dijon and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mist a grill pan with cooking spray or grease a grill and heat to medium-high. Mist steak with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Grill steak to desired doneness, turning once; about 8 minutes for medium-rare or 10 minutes for medium. Transfer to a cutting board or plate and cover loosely with foil to rest. Keep grill pan on medium-high.
- Trim a small piece from root end of romaine, keeping leaves attached to root, then cut romaine in half lengthwise. Brush or toss romaine with about half of vinaigrette. Working in batches if necessary, add romaine to pan cut sides down, turning occasionally, until charred on all sides, about 4 minutes.
- Thinly slice steak across the grain. Arrange 2 romaine heart halves on each plate, cut sides up, and top evenly with steak, potatoes and tomatoes. Drizzle with remaining dressing and garnish evenly with walnuts and blue cheese.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of steak salad
- Calories: 321
- Carbohydrate Content: 28 g
- Cholesterol Content: 43 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 286 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g