Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, 1 egg and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. Lightly press mixture evenly into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate; bake 20 minutes.
2. Place bacon slices in a skillet on medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, turning halfway, until crispy. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Chop into pieces.
3. Wipe skillet and add onion; sauté
5 minutes. Add broccoli and sauté
until broccoli is tender and vibrant green, about 5 minutes more.
4. In a bowl, whisk together 5 eggs, cheese and milk. Season with salt
5. Remove pie pan from oven and spread sautéed onion, broccoli and bacon over baked crust. Gently pour egg mixture over filling. Bake until eggs are set, about 40 minutes.
- Serving Size 1/4 of quiche
- Calories 403
- Carbohydrate Content 25 g
- Cholesterol Content 318 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 756 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g