Functional Fiber: The traditional keto diet is often lacking in fiber, but this recipe is replete with fiber-rich avocados, dark leafy greens and radishes, which can help regulate blood sugar levels, boost gut health and maintain satiety for longer.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
⅓ cup avocado oil
1 small jalapeño chile pepper, seeded and minced
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
1 tsp grated lime zest + 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
½ tsp raw honey
½ tsp sea salt
⅛ tsp ground black pepper
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 cups mixed mesclun greens
6 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
2 avocados pitted, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
1. Make dressing: In a small, unheated skillet, combine oil, jalapeño and garlic. Heat on low until mixture sizzles. Cook for 1 minute, then transfer to a blender or small food processor. Add remaining dressing ingredients and blend well. Set aside.
2. Make tostadas: Preheat oven to 350ºF; line 2 large baking sheets with parchment. Draw 8 4-inch circles on parchment, leaving at least 1 inch between them; turn parchment over (you should still be able to see circles). Spread cheese in circles, using ¼ cup for each. Bake until golden and crisp, about 13 to 15 minutes, watching closely to prevent burning. Let cool slightly.
3. Divide tostadas among 4 plates. In a large bowl, combine greens, radishes and avocado. Add ¼ cup dressing; toss, adding remaining dressing and toss again. Divide mixture among tostadas, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds.
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 597
- Carbohydrate Content: 13 g
- Cholesterol Content: 56 mg
- Fat Content: 54 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16 g
- Sodium Content: 625 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 28 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 6 g