- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add chicken and bring to a simmer; cook until opaque throughout, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly, then dice into 1⁄4-inch pieces.
- Meanwhile, prepare guacamole: In a medium bowl, combine avocado, yogurt and lime juice; use a fork to mash mixture until smooth. On a cutting board, pile 2 tbsp each red onion and cilantro, 1 tbsp jalapeño and pinch salt; mince mixture finely, then use flat side of knife to scrape mixture against cutting board into a paste. Stir paste into avocado mixture. Fold in remaining 2 tbsp each red onion and cilantro, 1 tbsp jalapeño and 1⁄2 cup tomato. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a medium pot, heat oil on medium-high. Add kale and sauté, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 more minute. Reduce heat to medium and add beans, 1⁄2 cup tomato, yellow onion, 2 tbsp jalapeño and cumin. Sauté for 5 minutes, until onion softens and mixture is heated through. Stir in chicken and cheese and cook until cheese melts; stir in 3 tbsp cilantro.
- Mist a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Stack 2 tortillas and add to skillet; heat for 30 seconds. Turn and cook for 30 more seconds, until soft and heated; remove from skillet. Transfer 1 tortilla to a clean cutting board and spread 1⁄2 cup chicken mixture evenly over top, leaving 1/8-inch border along edges. Brush edges with water and place second warmed tortilla over top, pressing edges to seal. Carefully transfer to skillet and heat, turning once, for 2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 pieces and serve with guacamole.
- Serving Size 4 quarters of a chicken and kale quesadilla and 1⁄4 cup guacamole
- Calories 404
- Carbohydrate Content 50 g
- Cholesterol Content 47 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 24 g
- Protein Content 39 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 558 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g