These tasty quesadillas make for the perfect Cinco de Mayo meal! Celebrate while filling up on nutrient-rich kale and protein-packed chicken – and don’t forget to top it all off with a dollop of flavorful guac using HERDEZ™ Traditional Guacamole.
HERDEZ™ Traditional Guacamole is carefully crafted using quality ingredients that add flavor, heat and the soul of Mexican cuisine to any meal or gathering. Faithfully following an authentic Mexican recipe handed down for generations, HERDEZ™ Traditional Guacamole is available in Mild and Spicy and is made with real avocado and seasoned to perfection with Serrano peppers, cilantro, garlic, onion, and salt.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add chicken and bring to a simmer; cook until opaque throughout, 5 to 10 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly, then dice into 1⁄4-inch pieces.
- Open a package of ready-to-eat HERDEZ™ Traditional Guacamole, the star ingredient of the recipes.
- In a medium pot, heat oil on medium-high. Add kale and sauté, stirring often, for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 more minute. Reduce heat to medium and add beans, 1⁄2 cup tomato, yellow onion, 2 tbsp jalapeño and cumin. Sauté for 5 minutes, until onion softens and mixture is heated through. Stir in chicken and cheese and cook until cheese melts; stir in 3 tbsp cilantro.
- Mist a large skillet with cooking spray and heat on medium-high. Stack 2 tortillas and add to skillet; heat for 30 seconds. Turn and cook for 30 more seconds, until soft and heated; remove from skillet. Transfer 1 tortilla to a clean cutting board and spread 1⁄2 cup chicken mixture evenly over top, leaving 1/8-inch border along edges. Brush edges with water and place second warmed tortilla over top, pressing edges to seal. Carefully transfer to skillet and heat, turning once, for 2 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Cut each quesadilla into 4 pieces and serve with HERDEZ™ Traditional Guacamole.
HERDEZ™ Traditional Guacamole gives Mexican food lovers a new way to combine their love for avocado with their love for traditional Mexican food and can be enjoyed with other HERDEZ® brand favorites such as HERDEZ® Salsa Casera, HERDEZ® Salsa Verde and the wildly popular HERDEZ Guacamole Salsa™.
- Serving Size 4 quarters of a chicken and kale quesadilla and 1⁄4 cup guacamole
- Calories 404
- Carbohydrate Content 50 g
- Cholesterol Content 47 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 24 g
- Protein Content 39 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 558 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g