Health Benefit: While people have been using thyme for its purported medicinal benefits since ancient times, recent research has shown that thymol, one of the chemicals found in thyme, can act as an antioxidant to defend cell membranes and other cell structures from free radical damage.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine all filling ingredients and mix together. Place in an 8 x 8-inch baking dish.
2. Prepare crumble topping: To a medium bowl, add flour, oats, cheese, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, garlic powder, granulated onion and salt; mix together. Stir in oil and break up with your fingers until mixed throughout.
3. Spoon crumble over vegetables and bake until vegetables are tender when pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes.
- Serving Size 1/6 of crumble
- Calories 481
- Carbohydrate Content 66 g
- Cholesterol Content 26 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 495 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 8.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g