Video: Types of Tomatoes
Tomatoes come in different colors and sizes, and Chef Jo's video gives you all her secrets for properly cleaning, storing and using the many different varieties.
Video: How to: Herbs
In this video, Chef Jo explains how herbs are a great way to add a quick burst of flavor (and no fat!) to any dish, all year round.
- Cook Time
- 3 oz plain or pepper chèvre
- 3 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 25 cherry tomatoes
- Place chèvre and yogurt in a food processor fitted with a standard blade. Chop for about 30 seconds or until creamy. Remove mixture from food processor and put into bowl to whisk in herbs.
- Cut tomatoes in half and scoop out pulp and seeds with a small spoon. Using a sharp knife, thinly slice a sliver (about 1/4 centimeter) off the bottom of each tomato half so that each stands up straight on a plate.
- Fill each tomato half with 1/2 tsp chèvre-herb mixture. It should overflow just a bit.
- Serving Size: 5-filled tomatoes
- Calories: 35
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 5 mg
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 35 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g