Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Video: Types of Tomatoes
Tomatoes come in different colors
and sizes, and Chef Jo’s video gives you all her secrets for properly cleaning, storing and using the many different
Video: How to: Herbs
In this video, Chef Jo explains how
herbs are a great way to add a quick burst of flavor (and no fat!) to any dish, all year round.
- Place chèvre and yogurt in a food processor fitted with a standard blade. Chop for about 30 seconds or until creamy. Remove mixture from food processor and put into bowl to whisk in herbs.
- Cut tomatoes in half and scoop out pulp and seeds with a small spoon. Using a sharp knife, thinly slice a sliver (about 1/4 centimeter) off the bottom of each tomato half so that each stands up straight on a plate.
- Fill each tomato half with 1/2 tsp chèvre-herb mixture. It should overflow just a bit.
- Serving Size 5-filled tomatoes
- Calories 35
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 35 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g