FOR THE WELLNESS OVERACHIEVER: Try adding ¼ tsp spirulina to the food processor with the oil when making pesto. Spirulina is a blue-green algae that contains all the essential amino acids.
1. In a mini food processor, process basil, chia, lemon juice and garlic until finely chopped. With the machine running, pour in oil and process until smooth. Add salt and pepper and pulse to combine.
2. Preheat broiler to high. Crumble cheese on the bottom of a 10-inch round baking dish. Spread pesto on top of goat cheese. Place baking dish under broiler about 3 inches from heat. Broil until cheese is melted and fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes. Serve with crackers or choice of dipper.
- Serving Size ⅛ of recipe
- Calories 174
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 16 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 224 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 7 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g