Find more chicken recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 14.5-oz can unsalted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped yellow onion
- 10-oz baby spinach
- 1 large orange, peeled and sectioned
- Prepare sauce: In a large skillet, stir together tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, paprika, pepper flakes and bay leaves. Add chicken, covering with sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 8 minutes. Remove chicken and pat dry with paper towels; set aside. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 10 minutes or until the sauce is slightly reduced.
- Meanwhile, in another large skillet, heat 2 tbsp oil on medium. Carefully add chicken and onion. Cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into chicken reads 165°F, turning chicken once and stirring onion as needed to avoid burning. Remove chicken and onion; cover to keep warm. Add remaining 1 tbsp oil to same skillet. Add spinach; cook just until wilted. Stir in orange sections.
- Remove bay leaves from sauce and discard. Divide spinach among plates; add chicken and onion. Spoon sauce over chicken.
- Serving Size: 2 thighs with spinach and sauce
- Calories: 338
- Carbohydrate Content: 14 g
- Cholesterol Content: 130 mg
- Fat Content: 16 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 198 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g