- Prep Time
- 2 6-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano flakes
- ½ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- 1½ tbsp olive oil, divided
- 8 oz whole-grain linguine
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
1. Season chicken with oregano and ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board; cut into thin strips. Cover with foil to keep warm.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook al dente according to package directions. Reserving 1 cup of the cooking water, drain pasta.
3. Meanwhile, in same skillet, heat remaining ½ tbsp oil on low. Add leeks and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add vinegar and cook, stirring, until leeks are very soft and golden, 2 to 3 minutes more.
4. Increase heat to medium; add peas, mascarpone and reserved pasta-cooking water. Cook, stirring, until sauce is smooth. Add pasta, chicken, lemon zest and remaining ¼ tsp each salt and pepper; toss to coat. Sprinkle with basil.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 317
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Cholesterol Content: 57 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 192 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g