1. To prepare leeks, discard outer leaves, green tops and root ends, then split leeks lengthwise and rinse well.
2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry all vegetables and herbs in oil over medium-high heat for a few minutes until vegetables are limp. Add broth to pan and bring to a boil. Transfer contents of your pan into a 5 qt slow cooker and cook on medium or low heat for 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
3. Add sausage during last 20 minutes of simmering. Before serving, season with sea salt and pepper, to taste. Refrigerate leftovers immediately.
- Serving Size 1 ¼ cups
- Calories 350
- Carbohydrate Content 4 g
- Cholesterol Content 36 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 1.5 g
- Protein Content 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 150 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g