Love quesadillas? Find more clean recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 8-inch whole-grain tortillas
- 1 4-oz can diced fire-roasted green chiles
- 1 cup shredded cheese (such as a Mexican blend or Monterey Jack)
- 2 cups lightly packed baby spinach leaves
- 8 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (leaves and tender stems)
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and smashed
- 1 to 2 jalapeño chile peppers, halved and seeded
- 2 tbsp grated Pecorino or Parmesan cheese, optional
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil (TRY: O-Live & Co. Gold Medal Blend Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare avocado sauce: In a blender, add all sauce ingredients and process until smooth.
- Prepare quesadillas: Preheat a griddle to 350°F or heat a large heavy skillet on medium. Place a tortilla on the griddle or skillet.
- If using stainless steel, you may need 1 tsp oil to prevent sticking. Spread 1 heaping tbsp green chiles on half of the tortilla. Follow with ¼ cup cheese, ½ cup lightly packed spinach and one-quarter of chicken. Fold tortilla in half to make a quesadilla.
- Let quesadilla cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until underside is lightly golden brown. Flip over and cook until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 quesadillas total.
- Slice in half or in thirds and serve with dipping sauce. Eat immediately or let cool and wrap in foil and refrigerate or freeze. Frozen quesadillas can be warmed through in a toaster oven or microwave.
- Serving Size: 1 quesadilla and 1/4 of sauce
- Calories: 451
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Cholesterol Content: 58 mg
- Fat Content: 25 g
- Fiber Content: 8.5 g
- Protein Content: 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 599 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 14 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 3 g