Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Love quesadillas? Find more clean recipes here!
- Prepare avocado sauce: In a blender, add all sauce ingredients and process until smooth.
- Prepare quesadillas: Preheat a griddle to 350°F or heat a large heavy skillet on medium. Place a tortilla on the griddle or skillet.
- If using stainless steel, you may need 1 tsp oil to prevent sticking. Spread 1 heaping tbsp green chiles on half of the tortilla. Follow with ¼ cup cheese, ½ cup lightly packed spinach and one-quarter of chicken. Fold tortilla in half to make a quesadilla.
- Let quesadilla cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until underside is lightly golden brown. Flip over and cook until cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes more. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 4 quesadillas total.
- Slice in half or in thirds and serve with dipping sauce. Eat immediately or let cool and wrap in foil and refrigerate or freeze. Frozen quesadillas can be warmed through in a toaster oven or microwave.
- Serving Size 1 quesadilla and 1/4 of sauce
- Calories 451
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 58 mg
- Fat Content 25 g
- Fiber Content 8.5 g
- Protein Content 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 599 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 14 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g