Need a reason to eat fresh? Discover 6 Reasons to Eat Seasonal & Local all year long!
- In a medium pot, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add barley, cover and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes, then check to see if barley has reached desired tenderness. If too chewy, cook for an additional 2 minutes and check again. Drain barley well and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Meanwhile, prepare Yogurt Thyme Dressing: In a small bowl, combine yogurt, salt, honey, thyme, 1 tbsp water and 1 1/2 tsp oil. Whisk with a fork and set aside.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat remaining 1 1/2 tsp oil on medium. Add chicken and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, flipping halfway. When cooked through and lightly browned, use a slotted spoon to remove chicken and transfer it to bowl with barley.
- Add blackberries and Yogurt Thyme Dressing to barley-chicken mixture and toss well. Garnish with radish tops (if using).
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 373
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 66 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 112 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g